Does anyone remember who advertised Jello Pudding Pops?
I'll give you a hint: sinb/tanb=?
Doesn't help? You can visit the 80's and get back to me on that one.
Now that we've had our history and math test, let's think about a treat. I have been craving a bit of chocolate lately. Quite frankly, who doesn't crave chocolate on occasion?
And it has been hot here. So something frozen sounded good too.
Chocolate pudding popsicles sounded good... but a bit boring. So I decided to bring them to the next level - and I came up with Black Forest Cherry Popsicles! Here's how I did it:
Black Forest Cherry Popsicles
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
1. Remove the pits from the cherries and roughly chop them.
2. Beat milk, almond flavoring and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir in the cherries.
3. Carefully spoon into popsicle molds or paper or plastic cups. Add at the tops to the molds (or insert wooden pop stick or plastic spoon into each for handle).
4. Freeze 5 - 7 hours.
5. To remove pop from cup run under warm water for 15 seconds. Don't twist or pull on the stick when removing!
Those hit the spot! A spot of chocolate with a bit of a surprise. And a lovely icy treat for the heat! Can't beat that!