Welcome to a Summer Ice Cream Social brought to you by Love in the Kitchen! In celebration of National Ice Cream Month, I'll be bringing you delcious ice cream treats all week long. Bring your favorite ice cream treats to share on our facebook page. It can't be a "social" unless y'all stop by!
Today I'm bringing you Peanut Butter Ice Cream. This is a totally amazing ice cream, packed full of salty roasted peanuts and sweet smooth cream.
You could add chocolate to this - a thick super-chocolatey fudge sauce would be wonderful - but really, it is pretty darn amazing just as is. Even better, dare I say, than peanut butter straight from the jar!
Check back here all this week for more from Love in the Kitchen's Summer Ice Cream Social! And head over to Love in the Kitchen on Facebook for even more tips and recipes to help you make your favorite ice cream... and maybe even find a couple of new contenders for that #1 spot!
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (1 quart)
- 1 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a stand mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Add cup of the half and half, and beat on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the remaining 1 cup f half and half and the cream and mix together completely.
- Transfer the ice cream base into 1 gallon Ziploc freezer bag and seal tightly. Place the bag in the freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Process the ice cream according to your ice cream maker’s instructions, or about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a freezer container and freeze for at least two hours.
Powered by Recipage