I may have mentioned before that I love bread. Bread of all types. My very favorite is Italian Bread.
We had some jalapeno sourdough bread at my mother-in-law's the other night and that got me thinking that I could adapt my Italian Bread Recipe to make something along those lines.... and I came up with Habanero Honey Bread.
Habanero Honey Bread
- 1 1/8 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup habanero honey
- 2 teaspoons dough conditioner (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan in the order listed (or as per the directions for your bread machine.) Select Medium Crust setting, the French Bread cycle and press Start.
- Observe the dough as it kneads. After 5 to 10 minutes, if it appears dry and stiff or if your machine sounds as if it's straining to knead the dough, add more liquid 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough forms a smooth, soft, pliable ball that is slightly tacky to the touch.
- After the baking cycle ends, remove the bread from pan, place on cake rack and allow to cool 1 hour before slicing.
All the lightness and lovely texture of Italian Bread with a bit of a sweet kick.