I know I've talked about my love for all things lemon before. We've got a dwarf Meyer lemon tree, and we use all all of the juice (and zest!) our tree can produce!
Lemon is wonderful for sweet things, like my Grandma's Lemon Bars or Lemon Jelly (yum!). But it is equally suited to savory things, like Lemon Sage White Wine Mustard, or Roasted Peppers with Lemon Vinaigrette... or this tangy, creamy pasta dish.
The fresh tastes of lemon and basil are the perfect foil for the creamy mascarpone cheese in this pasta dish. Linguine is a great choice for this dish - just right for this light sauce.
Serve this for lunch or as a light dinner. Or as a side with sausage and peppers. You'll be happy with it on your plate at any time of the day!
Creamy Lemon and Basil Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: entree side lemon pasta Italian summer
- 1 pound dried linguine (one box)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- ground pepper
- Boil pasta in large pot for 9 minutes, or until it reaches the desired tenderness.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot. Add the lemon juice and mascarpone cheese. Cook over medium low heat, and stir until the cheese is incorporated into the pasta.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Powered by Recipage