These Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles are literally the simplest candies I have ever made. You would never know how simple based on how beautiful they look and their wonderful flavor. So we can keep this our secret, right?
The rather unlikely combination of cookies and cream cheese magically transform into something completely different and delightful. The ratio of the Oreo cookies and Nutter Butter cookies makes for just the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter. I think the addition of the peanut butter candy swirl on top is the perfect finishing touch too.
These do have dairy in them, so your probably don't want to store them on the countertop. Not that storage will be much of a problem - these will disappear quickly!
You can use the same basic recipe with other cookie flavors - let your imagination run wild!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (48 truffles)
- 36 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 18 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 package quick melting candy, milk chocolate flavor
- 1/4 package quick melting candy, peanut butter flavor
- Crush the cookies in a food processor.
- Mix the cream cheese and and crushed cookies until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls.
- Melt chocolate flavored quick melting candy according to package instruction. Dip each truffle in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Melt peanut butter flavored quick melting candy and pipe a decorative swirl on top of each truffle.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Powered by Recipage