Welcome to Day #3 of Kick Off to Summer Week, a multi-blogger event co-host by Lauren of From Gate to Plate and Summer of Summer Scraps.
With summer quickly approaching and Memorial Day in a few weeks, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your Memorial Day activities. Each day we will be serving up a variety of different appetizers, main dishes, desserts, decor, printables and more all centered around the up-coming Memorial Day. We hope you enjoy all of these wonderful ideas.
Tune in each day starting with Monday, May 12 and ending on Saturday, May 17. We have great prizes up for grabs throughout the week so you will not want to miss out on any of the days! Follow #KickOffToSummerWeek2014 on Twitter to keep up to date with all of our spectacular ideas and giveaways!
Nothing says summer to me like my Mom's Rhubarb Crisp. Sweet and tart, with a crunchy top, then with a little bit of cream on top, this dessert is the definition of summertime heaven.
Before you get to my recipe and to the giveaway below, be sure to check out the rest of the #KickOffToSummer2014 awesomeness below!
- Lemon Honey & Rosemary Grilled Chicken Skewers by From Gate to Plate
- Sausage & Veggies Tinfoil Dinner by Summer Scraps
- Baked Rosemary Garlic Fries by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Homemade Natural Bug Spray by The Haas Machine
- Memorial Day Festivities by Lil Huckleberries
- Corn Cob Jelly by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip by Forty Eighteen
- Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies by Lady Behind the Curtain
- BBQ Invitation Printable by My Daylights
- Rhubarb Crisp by Love in the Kitchen
- Mixed Berry Sweet Rolls by Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Liberty Embroidery Pattern by Bits of Ivory
- Red White and Blue Trifle by We Like to Learn as We Go
- Chickpea Tabouli by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookies by Life on Food
Our sponsor for today is Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices. If you enjoy cooking with fresh ingredients you will just love Gourmet Garden! Gourmet Garden herbs are organically grown then simply washed, chopped, blended and packed into tubes to maintain the herbs freshness and nutrition. With Gourmet Garden you will be able to keep fresh herbs in your fridge for months with no waste. They have a variety of herbs such as Garlic, Basil, Cilantro, Chili Pepper and much more! You can find Gourmet Garden in the fresh produce section of your supermarket. Be sure to keep up-to-date with Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Gourmet Garden has so graciously offered up a cooler full of herbs and spices perfect for you next cooking and baking experience. Your cooler will include 4 ounce bottles of:
Garlic Basil Chili Pepper Dill Oregano Cilantro Ginger Italian Herbs Parsley Lemon Grass
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Keywords: dessert rhubarb summer
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup raw rolled oats
- 1 Cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ Cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 Cups rhubarb, cut in ½ inch pieces (about 1 ¾ pounds)
- ½ Cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup water
Preheat oven to 375º F.Make topping
In a large bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar, mixing well. With a fork, stir the butter into the mixture, to make a crumbly mixture.Make Rhubarb Filling
In a lightly greased 8” x 8” x 2” baking dish, combine rhubarb, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon and ½ cup water. Stir mixture to mix well.
Sprinkle topping evenly over filling: bake uncovered, 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and rhubarb is tender.
Serve warm with light cream or ice cream if desired.
Powered by Recipage
And now for today's giveaway!!
**Giveaway runs May 14 until May 21, 2014 at midnight EST. Giveaway is open to US Residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age or older. No cash value available**
**Disclaimer: This giveaway is being sponsored by Gourmet Garden. #KickOffToSummerWeek2014 bloggers have not received product or been compensated as part of this giveaway!**