We ate dinner at our new local Farmer's Market today.
Our Farmer's Market has the standard row of prepared ethnic and specialty foods for sale, as well as a row of certified farmer's market vendors.
The Boy had for his dinner, a cheeseburger. Last week The Mr and I ate a Kenyan dinner, and this week we had Indian. Quite tasty!
And we perused the produce. Lots of yummy options.
We came home with a bunch - tangelos, strawberries and peaches. Corn and carrots and lettuce.
We had cherries, but somehow they never made it home. I noticed that The Boy and The Mr had red stains on their hands. Hmmm.
With our peaches, I am going to make this recipe this weekend:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup cake or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches, reserved in bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Place dish in oven to melt butter.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Stir in milk and sugar to form batter.
- Using oven mitts, remove hot baking dish from oven. Pour batter into baking dish. Spoon peaches and any peach juices evenly over batter.
- Bake until batter rises and browns on top, about 30 minutes.
I love cobblers with fresh fruit in the summer and can't wait to eat this.
What is your favorite summertime dessert?