But the next couple of weeks are going to be really busy. In addition to our regular (already busy) schedule, here's what we've got planned:
- 10th - Work Holiday Luncheon, Holiday Party #2
- 11th - Christmas Concert and eating out
- 12th - Christmas Concert and Holiday Party #3
- 14th - Handbell Concert #2 (at the San Diego Zoo!) - dinner out
- 15th - Handbell Concert #3 (at the San Diego Zoo!) - dinner out
- 17th - Holiday Party #4
- 19th - Ice Skating Event
- 20th - Handbell Concert #4, holiday brunch, Holiday Party #5
- 21st - dinner with my parents (coming to town for Christmas!)
- 22nd - Disneyland Day!
- 24th - Christmas Eve Dinner
- 25th - Christmas Breakfast, Christmas Dinner
- 26th to 30th - Vegas!
We've got so many opportunities for eating... and over-eating over the next couple of weeks. I've been very good about eating healthy meals in healthy portions, saying "no" to the food I don't really want to eat (and also to the food that I know I shouldn't eat)... but with the crazy schedule over the next few weeks, all of the festive and tasty food, as well as that great will-power-sapper fatigue, I think my strength will be tested!
I'll have to use my WW strategies:
- Keep on top of hunger (if I let myself get too hungry, I'll eat whatever is there!)
- Choose the healthy option
- Eat reasonable portions (this is not the last meal I will ever eat!)
- Remember that the first bite tastes the same as the last bite (one bite of a treat is often enough)
- Remember all of the hard work I have done to get here! (nothing tastes as good as thin feels!)
I think this will get me through the holidays. What tricks do you have to keep you on track?