Roasted Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 Tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 pounds red potatoes, each potato cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, oregano, and garlic in medium bowl to blend. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
2. Toss potatoes with 1/2 cup vinaigrette on heavy large rimmed baking sheet or glass baking pan. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for serving. Pour chicken stock around potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 45 minutes. Cool completely. Using metal spatula, loosen potatoes from baking sheet to prevent sticking.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F. Rewarm potatoes until crisp, about 15 minutes. Divide potatoes equally among plates. Drizzle some reserved lemon vinaigrette over potatoes.
Oh my, are these tasty. Crisp and hot with lovely herb-y lemon flavor. I could eat these every day.