I don't think it is any secret that I love cookies. My mom always had cookies for dessert. And three was the correct number of cookies to have for dessert. To this day, I don't feel like dinner is complete without a cookie.
I wanted cookies last night, but didn't necessarily want to go to all the trouble of baking them from scratch. I had a box of angel food cake mix and decided to try to make cinnamon cookies with it. Here's what I did:
Cinnamon Angel Cookies
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 375degress F.
2. Combine cake mix and water.
3. Drop cookies by rounded teaspoonful onto silpat covered baking sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set and the edges golden. Remove from oven; cool completely.
These are delicious! They taste wondefully cinnamon-y and a bit like a snickerdoodle. And they came together in a flash. So worth a try!