I love pumpkin. It's so versatile - from the traditional pie, to roasted in pumpkin chili or buttery fluffy mashed pumpkin (great alternative for mashed potatoes!), pumpkin can be used in almost anything!
I've got to confess though, that I am not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie. I love the flavors, but something about it just isn't my favorite.
I do love blondies - they are both delcious and easy to make. Perfect combo. When I thought about adding pumpkin to my favorite blondies, I came up with these Pumpkin Blondies with Coconut Caramel Frosting. They are like pumpkin pie's tropical cousin!
Sweetly decadent, these blondies are rich with the flavors of pumpkin pie with just a hint of the tropics!
Pumpkin Blondies with Coconut Caramel Frosting
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 - 40 minutes
Ingredients (36 blondies)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut
InstructionsMake the Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides. Grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl on medium-high speed until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin puree.
- Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
Make the Frosting
- Cream the butter and vanilla.
- Add brown sugar gradually while continuing to beat.
- Stir in coconut.
- Add cream in small amounts to achieve desired consistency.
Finish the Blondies
- When the blondies have cooled completely, use the parchment paper to carefully remove the blondies from the pan.
- Frost with the coconut caramel frosting.
- Cut into 36 pieces.
Powered by Recipage