We made this cheese dip for our Superbowl shindig. And it was a big hit! The roasted red peppers bring a hint of sweet and smoky flavor which balances really nicely with the heat of the jalapenos. And melty cheese? Who doesn't love that?! Top it with crispy panko crumbs for that perfect added texture. This spicy and flavorful dip will disappear in an instant at your next party!
Spicy Red Pepper Cheese Dip
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3/4 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together Cheddar cheese, pepper Jack cheese, cream cheese, roasted red bell peppers, mayonnaise, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Lightly grease a 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray; spread cheese mixture in prepared dish. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the cheese mixture and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated, golden brown and bubbly.
- Use low-fat cheese for Cheddar, Pepper Jack and cream cheese to take out some of the fat and calories
- Use low-fat mayonnaise
- Serve with reduced sodium crackers
This is wonderful on crackers. Definitely save some to use for a quick sandwich spread or with your scrambled eggs - delicious!