Recently, when searching for movies to get us in our "Hawaiian" mood prior to our cruise, we decided to give NetFlix another chance. What a difference! Since we signed up, we've seen two movies a week, which is about as fast as we can do the turnaround (and frankly, two is as many as we have time for in any given week).
We've been watching a lot of Hawaii related movies:
- Tora! Tora! Tora! (great movie about the bombing of Pearl Harbor)
- Blue Hawaii (Elvis, not great acting, but great scenery, and he could really sing!)
- Pearl Harbor (Interesting - reality-based fictional account of WWII from just before the bombing of Pearl Harbor through Doolittle's raid on Tokyo. Glad we saw it prior to our trip to Honolulu.)
- Midway (WWII movie, taking over where Pearl Harbor left off)
- From Here to Eternity (Hawaii just before Pearl Harbor, Oscar winning... but I didnt really like it much. Not quite what I expected, though Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr were excellent)
And a couple not related:
- The Aviator (Leonardo DeCaprio as Howard Hughes - great movie! Loved this one!)
- Citizen Kane (Very good classic. I can see how this was really ground-breaking when it was released)
- Catch Me If You Can (Another Leonardo DeCaprio movie, based on a true story - this was another great movie! Really enjoyable - The Mr and both loved it!)
The movie "Hawaii" rounds out our Hawaai themed movies and should be delivered today. Then we've got our queue that should last for the next 18 months at the rate we are watching. Keep an eye on my sidebar for what we are watching next!