Chicken with Peaches and Cherries
- 1 1/4 pound chicken tenders (boneless, skinless breasts work just as well, but the tenders cook faster)
- 1 large peach, chopped
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and heat until pan is hot. Over medium heat, brown the chicken and 1/2 of the chopped onions.
- In another pan (two pans make this go faster - if you only want to use one, cook the chicken first, set aside and cook the sauce, then add the chicken back into the sauce to finish), saute the remaining onions until soft. Add the cherries, peaches, vinegar and pepper. Simmer over medium heat unil the fruit is soft.
- Add chicken and chicken broth to fruit mixture. Continue to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
Serve with pasta, rice or couscous. Mmm.